I know, I should really save that particular Python reference for when I disappear for longer than a week, but still. My computer has been at the Apple store for a week getting repaired-- part of the charger had broken off inside the computer, and they needed to replace it.
Of course, I wouldn't have had to have it replaced at all if my dorm room had been better designed. There are only outlets on one half of the room, and we're technically not allowed to have extension cords. As a result, my laptop charger has to be stretched all the way across the room so that I can charge it while I work on my bed.
It fits, but barely-- the cord runs along the ground, but it's pretty taut. Usually, people just step over it-- hell, even standing on top of it's not going to break the damn thing. Unfortunately, coordination and common sense are inversely related to alcohol consumption, as can be seen in the following graph:
It's a little fuzzy, but you should get the idea.
As a result, Party Roommate and her posse, when they stumble in at various times in various states of inebriation manage to trip over the cord and pull it out of my computer. Over time, people have done this so often that the tip of the charger snapped off and was lodged inside, so that I couldn't charge the battery, and thus could not use my computer.
However, I have my baby back now... and I'm bringing an extension cord back with me after break.